Why choose Charleston:
People flock to Charleston for our beaches, our history, food, culture and our high quality healthcare. Additionally,
- We’re #1 US City for the sixth year in a row and we’re in the Top 15 Cities in the WORLD as determined by Travel + Leisure Magazine in 2018.
- Charleston is the South’s best city as determined by Southern Living 2019.
- Forbes ranked Charleston Metro #8 Best Midsize City for Jobs in 2018.
- Charleston is on the list of the 125 Best Place to Live by U.S. News.
- For over 150 years, Roper St. Francis has been trusted with our neighbor’s health because we believe that every moment of care is life-changing and that nothing matters more than moments with the people you love.
Why choose Roper St. Francis:
For over 150 years, Roper St. Francis has been trusted with our neighbor’s health because we believe that every moment of care is life-changing and that nothing matters more than moments with the people you love.
We have a lot to be proud of
We are the area’s preferred healthcare provider with more families choosing us than anyone else. We are the Lowcountry’s only not-for-profit healthcare system, putting purpose over profit and an emphasis on community outreach. We have one of the area’s only Magnet hospital, which is the nation’s highest recognition of nursing excellence. And we continue to receive top national awards for patient, employee and doctor satisfaction.
We are vibrant and growing
We have over 5,600 teammates making us one of the area’s largest employers. Our medical staff is made up of over 900 doctors representing every medical specialty. And our 671-bed system consists of 125 facilities and services in seven counties.
We are committed to excellence
Roper St. Francis rewards exceptional performance and invests in supporting our staff. From nurses to technicians and administrative professionals, our employees share our commitment to putting patients first. We recruit and retain the most qualified workforce without regard to age, sex, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap or disability.